Here you will find information about how to book a session, as well as how to prepare for your session, what will happen during and after your session, including how to order your images.
Before your session
- How to book
If you like what you see and would like to book a session, please contact me via email at email@example.com. We can then determine the best time and location and chat about next steps. Please make sure you are familiar with my Policies (other important information) and Products and Pricing before booking.
- Newborn sessions are usually done in the first few days after your baby is born (up to about 10 – 12 days old). At this age they are generally very sleepy, content and happy to be gently posed and curled. Of course, I am happy to schedule a session when your baby is older, but it may not always be possible to achieve the images you had in mind.
- Please call me as soon after your baby is born as you can, to confirm a session time. Babies rarely arrive to schedule, so the more notice you can give me to confirm or move your session time, the better.
- Newborn sessions normally take place at your home.
- Newborn sessions are held on weekdays and I tend to schedule these shoots in the morning, as babies seem to settle more easily at this time. I allow up to 3 hours or more depending on how things are going.
- I will bring all the things needed for the shoot. If there is a special item such as a blanket, beanie, gift, toy, family heirloom, or anything else that you think you might like included – great – please have that ready on the day.
- Photo Session Fee Payment
Your full session fee ($200) is due at time of booking. Your session fee needs to be paid promptly to confirm your date. This fee covers my time and talent at the photo session and your gallery of 30 individually edited images. (Please see the pricing page for more information)
- Forms – copyright and model release agreement
Before your session I will ask you to sign and return a copyright and model release agreement. This form states that copyright is maintained by Louise Fletcher Photography and that I may use the images in a variety of ways for my business – possibly on my blog or website, or promotional material like a business card or leaflet. I will always ask if I want to enter a photograph in a competition.
I will call you to confirm the agreed time and location the day prior to your scheduled photo session.
I appreciate that illness can interrupt the best laid plans! If you or your baby are sick, I would recommend postponing the session. Your session fee is transferrable to another date in this case, but please give me as much notice as possible.
Your photo session – how it will go on the day
A sleepy baby with a full tummy is ideal for a newborn session. I schedule enough time to allow for feeding, resettling, nappy changes and any other breaks as required. Babies are unpredictable and sometimes your little bub will have an unsettled morning. That is fine. I allow enough time to cover these situations so that we can avoid feeling rushed or anxious. In preparation for my arrival, it would be great to loosen your baby’s nappy to avoid any marks on their little legs and tummy. A warm house is also good, so please turn on a heater so baby won’t get cool.
I love to capture all the activity of a newborn baby in the house – those quiet moments as well as the feeding and changing. I will gently move your baby into some positions but I prefer to capture newborns in their natural curls and stretches. I will generally start shooting while your baby is wrapped snugly and feels secure and remove wraps and nappies to capture some less clothed and naked shots (should you wish) I love to capture newborn details as well, to tell the whole story of your new arrival. I will bring some textured wraps, blankets and rugs.
After your photo session
- Your gallery of 30 individually edited images will be available to view 2-3 weeks after your photo session. I will provide details of how you can view your images and select those you would like to purchase.
- Your gallery will be available to view for 7 days. Please feel free to share the gallery with family and friends while you make your selection.
- I may post some images of your session on my blog to allow you a sneak peek before your full gallery is ready.
- Please feel free to contact me to help with your selection if you are uncertain in any way – I want you to get the most out of your gallery of images. For example, I am happy to chat about what combination or layout of images would look best on your wall. When you have made your final choice, you can call or email me with your final selection.
- Full payment must be made before your order will be filled.
- You can pay by direct deposit (internet banking), cash or cheque (tbc).
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of your order. I will advise if any part of the order will take longer than this.
- I will contact you when your order is ready for collection. If you decide to have your order posted to your home or work address, a post and packing fee will apply.
Maternity Photo Session booked with a Newborn Photo Session
- Life can get busy with a baby on the way, so to make things easier you can book your Maternity and Newborn session at the same time, reducing the Maternity photo session fee to only $50. So instead of a total of $350, you pay only $250. A saving of $100.
- Your maternity photo session will usually be scheduled between 34 and 38 weeks. I am happy to come to your home or to a location. The shoot will take about 1 hour and your image gallery will have 20 images. Your maternity gallery will be available to view at the same time as your newborn gallery.
- Please contact me for maternity and/or newborn clothing suggestions
Other important information
Please make sure you are aware of our policies and conditions before booking.
- The session fee includes up to 5 family members ($20 per additional person).
- The session fee is due at time of booking, is non-refundable, but may be used for a future session should we need to cancel for illness or inclement weather.
- All clients are required to sign a copyright and model release agreement prior to the commencement of the photo session.
- If you purchase digital files/negatives from your session, I have a separate agreement to be signed – it gives you permission to reproduce and use your images, but acknowledges that copyright remains with the photographer.
- I am located on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I am very happy to travel around Sydney, NSW, interstate, or wherever you need my photographic services. Fees apply for travel greater than 30 mins to a location.
- Full payment must be made before your print or digital order will be filled.
- Should you require your gallery to be put up again after the 7 day period, a $50 fee will apply.
- Prices are valid from August 2012 and are subject to change without notice. Prices at time of booking will be honoured.
While I have tried to cover everything, if you have a question that I have not covered, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All content is the copyright of Louise Fletcher Photography.