Wow, it has been too long since I have blogged and I have missed it.
I notice my last post was all about what an amazing year was planned and how busy it would be. Well, it has been BUSY! Good busy, but I do tend to over commit to things.
One of the things I wanted to share about here and now was my amazing journey on the Michell Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation programme. It was an amazing experience.
What I achieved and learnt in the last 12 weeks:
- I feel stronger and fitter than I have in a loooong time
- I started Cardio Tennis which I love
- I am exercising 5 times a week and am sad if I miss a day
- I am eating smaller portions
- I am eating less carbs at night
- I am more in tune with my body and I know my body does not like over indulgence
- I am better at emotional and boredom snacking – have mostly been reaching for healthier options
- I enjoy wine, cheese and chocolate and I will indulge, but won’t overindulge
- My arms are looking great and i can see muscle!
- I can fit into my old jeans and I have lost a few cm off my hips
- I have lost 6kg since the programme started and 8kg in total
- I am respecting my body and have a new appreciation for what it can do
- I am more accepting of my body and what it has been through – the “scars” mean so much
- I love myself
- I feel more confident and that has me wear my clothes differently
- I feel happy and energetic and generous
- My family and friends love me the way I am, and have always been
- Michelle Bridges is fabulous – a generous, inspiring coach
- I would recommend this programme to anyone at any level of fitness
- It really was the right time for me to get “me” back
- I will continue to follow the eating and fitness and healthy lifestyle I have started
- I don’t have anything to prove to anyone
- I owe myself and my family and especially my kids, to lead by example in how I live my life
- I love my life
- I will be wearing a bikini come summer – cellulite and all
- I have proven to myself that I can do it, that I am that person who can have exactly what they want if I work for it
- If you want something in life, you have to commit to it
- I did not reach my “target” weight loss of 7.5kg, and I know why I didn’t
- Every moment in life is an opportunity to learn and choose and recommit
- The way I speak to my kids about this journey is so important. Conversations about diet and skinny and weight loss and “how I look” have no place in our home
- Conversations about health and fitness and strength and energy and activity and respecting your body are the conversations to have
- My weight loss target has been a measure of how I am doing and who I am being about my health and my body, not a goal in itself
- I am 43 and have never felt happier, healthier, stronger or more loved in my life
- It was time!!!!
Enjoy whatever journey you are on xx
All content is the copyright of Louise Fletcher Photography.