Here you will find information about how to book a session, as well as how to prepare for your session, what will happen during and after your session, and how to order your images.
Before your photo session
- How to book
If you like what you see and would like to book a session, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then determine the best time and location and chat about next steps. Please make sure you are familiar with my Policies (other important information) and Products and Pricing before booking.
- Time and length of your photo session
For the best soft, warm light I generally like to shoot outdoor sessions in the mid to late afternoon . However, if an earlier time of day suits you and your kids better, that’s fine, we’ll find an outdoor location that will work. Indoor shoots in your home are great at any time of day as long as we have great light. Your session will last between 1 and 2 hours.
I work most weekdays and I am available on Saturdays, but there is often a longer wait for weekend session times.
Your photo session can be held pretty much anywhere – your home, a favourite park or beach, or a suburban lane way. It might be a place that holds a special meaning for you and your family. Some locations will work better at different times of day to make the most of the light. I am happy to help with location choice.
- What to wear
The most important thing is to feel relaxed and comfortable, and choose clothing that represents you and your family and how you want to be photographed.
You may prefer more classic muted tones or more bright colours. For groups of people or family shots, simple colours, tones and styles that work well together will result in great images – you don’t need to match exactly.
Having a change of clothes, especially for the kids, adds to a session and allows you to show off all aspects of your personality. Younger kids should always have a change of clothes, just in case!
Think of what clothing might work well in the location you have chosen. The beach or park may suit a more casual look and natural fabrics. While an urban, street location might demand an edgier feel. A little bit of thought about clothing choices will really make a difference.
Feel free to bring along great props and accessories, full of colour and texture (especially for the kids), and depending on the season – hats, beanies, shoes or boots, hair bands, tights, scarves, tutu’s, etc. If you like you could bring along a favourite toy or activity. Kids happily involved in an activity they love, make for fun shots that really reflect your family’s (or child’s) unique personality.
It is best to avoid clothing with loud patterns, cartoon characters, writing or obvious brands visible. These can detract from YOU, and will date the photograph. Too much white can sometimes be unflattering.
I am very happy to provide advice on clothing selection.
Please contact me for suggestions on what to wear for a maternity photo session.
- What to bring
Your clothing changes, accessories, any favourite items to include in the shot, a rug for sitting on, some snacks and water for the kids.
- Photo Session Deposit Payment
A deposit of $200 secures your booking. Your session fee should be paid promptly to confirm your date. This fee covers my time and talent at the photo session and your gallery of 25-30 individually edited images. (Please see the Products and Pricing page for more information).
- Forms – copyright and model release agreement
Before your session I will ask you to sign and return a copyright and model release agreement. This form states that copyright is maintained by Louise Fletcher Photography and that I may use the images in a variety of ways for my business – possibly on my blog or website, or promotional material like a business card or leaflet. I will always ask if I want to enter a photograph in a competition.
I will call you to confirm the agreed time and location the day prior to your scheduled photo session.
I appreciate that illness can interrupt the best laid plans! If you or one of your children are sick, I would recommend postponing the session. Your session fee is transferable to another date in this case, but please give me as much notice as possible.
Your photo session – how it will go on the day
- Weather check
For an indoor shoot, we may need to postpone if the weather is looking very dark and stormy. For an outdoor session with older kids, generally we will go ahead with a shoot with passing rain showers. But we can make a final decision in the morning if the weather looks threatening.
- How it will go and what we will do
The session itself will be very relaxed, moving about to different areas to create some variety. I love to capture you interacting and having fun, and the connections within the family. I will capture a combination of candid and a few more formal posed style images, of the family and the kids. I will of course direct the posing as needed to achieve a great image. Your resulting gallery will reflect this mixture of poses, locations and different group and individual images.
If the session is at your home, I will seek out the rooms or areas with the best light for indoor portraits.
Your photo session will generally last 1 to 2 hours.
After your photo session
- Your gallery of 25-30 individually edited images will be available to view 2-3 weeks after your photo session. I will provide details of how you can view your images and how to select those you would like to purchase.
- Your gallery will be available to view for 7 days. Please feel free to share the gallery with family and friends while you make your selection.
- I may post some images of your session on my blog to allow you a sneak peek before your full gallery is ready.
- Please feel free to contact me to help with your selection if you are uncertain in any way – I want you to get the most out of your gallery of images. For example, I am happy to chat about what combination or layout of images would look best on your wall.
- Full payment must be made before your order will be filled.
- You can pay by direct deposit (internet banking), cash or cheque.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of your order. I will advise if any part of the order will take longer than this.
- I will contact you when your order is ready for collection. If you decide to have your order posted to your home or work address, a post and packing fee will apply.
Policies – other important information
Please make sure you are aware of our policies and conditions before booking.
- The deposit includes up to 5 family members ($20 per additional person).
- The deposit is due at time of booking, is non-refundable, but may be used for a future session should we need to cancel for illness or inclement weather.
- All clients are required to sign a copyright and model release agreement prior to the commencement of the photo session.
- If you purchase digital files/negatives from your session, I have a separate agreement to be signed – it gives you permission to reproduce and use your images, but acknowledges that copyright remains with the photographer.
- I am located on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I am very happy to travel around Sydney, NSW, interstate, or wherever you need my photographic services. Fees apply for travel greater than 30 mins to a location.
- Full payment must be made before your print or digital order will be filled.
- Should you require your gallery to be put up again after the 7 day period, a $50 fee will apply.
- Prices are valid from August 2012 and are subject to change without notice. Prices at time of booking will be honoured.
While I have tried to cover everything, if you have a question that I have not covered, please email me at email@example.com.
All content is the copyright of Louise Fletcher Photography.